Verträglich Reisen - original and ambitious
Verträglich Reisen gives tips for climate-friendly holidays and valuable experiences. Our editors test climate-friendly means of arrival and show you how to reach your destination fast and at a reasonable price. It is understood that all the holiday destinations presented in our magazine and on our website can be reached by train, bus or ferry. The regions, travel offers and hotels that we have assembled for you on our website are rarely found at travel agencies. They all share a commitment to quality, the protection of the environment and a service that puts the client first.
See this year's print edition of Verträglich Reisen for the following topics:
- Small, but not to be overlooked: mini-states such as Malta, Monaco, San Marino, Liechtenstein or Andorra are mostly known as transit countries, tax havens or shoppers’ paradises. See our next issue for the most beautiful and ecological spots of Europe’s small countries. Verträglich Reisen goes off in search of unknown sights and shows you how to reach these destinations without travelling by car or plane.
- Goodnight, good morning in the city: urban holidays can be perfect when the accommodation is in tune with the city's vibes. Verträglich Reisen presents some small gems in Europe’s cities and tests holiday sleep in airy lofts, cosy private rooms, modern camping sites, comfortable hotel beds and holiday flats with a view.
- Travelling swiftly across Europe: there are other means of transport besides planes or cars. If you plan on taking a holiday in Europe, you can reach your destination travelling by the more climate-friendly bus, train or ferry. Verträglich Reisen lets you in on the best connections and the best ticket bargains.
- Family ties: Verträglich Reisen shows you how families can relax, discover culture and experience great adventures together - away from mass tourism and yet affordable.
- Naturally, Verträglich Reisen presents new trends in hiking and cycling, as well as suggestions for outdoor holiday equipment for the year 2015.